Monday, October 15, 2007

9 Wang Yea Temple - Food Heaven for Vegetarian

Every year of somewhere of October (Chinese Year- September), Buddist will go to their nearest place to celebrate 9 Wang Yea (九皇爷)Festival. This festival will held for 10 days, 24 hours (including the first day inviding all 9 gods to the temple). This year I was unable to attend to see the first night god invitation shows.

From what I know, there are few temples celebrating this festival which are Ampang, Klang and Ipoh. Of course I went to the nearest place - Ampang. Not much pictures I have taken because too crowded of people.

I went there around 1am. You can see they are still many "night ghost" around to pray/eat
Of course my main objective to the temple is to find something to EAT!
Yes I found my favorite food, "roast goose" its very delicious than others types of flavors available.
As you see the picture above, the hawker looking at the camera and smile!\

Besides finding my favorite food, the picture above shows about the hand-made toys that I used to play when I was a child. After taken this picture, just realize photographer are not allowed to take the picture of it! Unless you pay them RM5!

If you're interested to know about this OR want to know the exact places, feel free to drop by your comments and we will reply you as soon as possible

3 comments:

W.R. said...

Wow.. A 10-day festival. Sounds fun! And 24-hours, huh? Cool. :)

WaiKee said...

yes 24 hours crowded of people

W.R. said...

nice.. is that like, the biggest festival in malaysia? so, is october the best time to go there? but sometimes i get moody, though.. sometimes i prefer nice and quiet, over crowded places.. =/